Tacoma Water Heaters
Providing Your Business With Efficient Hot Water Supply
A good water heater can make or break your place of business. Insuring that your employees and guests have clean hot running water is a very important part of keeping them happy. Here at Harts Services, our Tacoma plumbers have the knowledge to help you choose the right water heater for your commercial business and know how to install and maintain it.
Give us a call at (253) 285-1771 or click the request appointment button below and we will assist you right away.
Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Business
When choosing a hot water heater for your place of business, two of the most important things to take into consideration are the size and usage requirements.
Imagine a situation where all of your hot water sources are turned on at the same time, and they are all set to the hottest setting. When you are at the peak of your demand and you need hot water instantly, this is called a dump load. The dump load is a reflection of how much water your business will require at its peak demand.
Another factor in choosing a water heater is the BTU. BTU stands for British Thermal Units and is a measurement of the amount of gas or electricity used to heat the water in the tank. In other words, this will determine how quickly the dump load is able to be replenished.
Determining these requirements is always best done by one of our trained Tacoma plumbers. We can help you decide how many heaters you will need in your boiler room in order to make your business operate to its fullest. Some businesses may be better off with one big water heater, while others may work better with several smaller ones. As long as you enlist the help of Harts Services, you can be sure that you will be getting the right heater for all your hot water needs.
Commercial Water Heater Types
When it comes to commercial water heaters in Tacoma, you have a variety of options to choose from, including:
- Commercial electric water heater- This type of water heater uses two electrical resistance heating elements both at the top and bottom to heat water. It includes a dial on the thermostat allowing you to set a maximum temperature without getting the water too hot.
- Commercial gas water heater- This water heater includes a burner under the tank where gas is fed through a control valve and thermostat switch. While these units can save you on energy bills, gas water heaters cause more wear and tear, and don’t have a very long life expectancy.
- Commercial hybrid water heater- Just like the HVAC equipment heat pump, this unit absorbs heat from the surrounding air to heat water. Even if the conditions outside are unsuitable, the hybrid heater has built-in resistant elements, allowing it to produce hot water.
- Commercial tankless water heater- Unlike the traditional water heater, these units don’t need to store water in a tank to supply you with hot water. Tankless water heaters produce hot water instantly through its heat exchanger coil. The unit can be installed either with several units or a central location depending on the size of your commercial property.
- Commercial solar water heater- This type of water heater uses a storage tank that is mounted either above or below a set of solar panels to heat water. If your business is already using solar panels to save on energy costs, the addition of solar water heater is a good step.
- Commercial thermal tank storage- The most popular type of commercial water heater where hot water is stored in a tank ready for use. This water heater type can hold up to 940 gallons of hot water depending on your needs. Fuel sources also vary, which include natural gas, propane, fuel oil, or electricity.
Let Harts Services assist you in selecting the right water heater for your commercial property. Our Tacoma plumbers are professional, knowledgeable, and always have your best interest in mind.
Call us at (253) 285-1771 to discuss your options on commercial water heaters.