Pipe Bursting Services in Tacoma
Trenchless Solutions to Placing New Piping
By choosing pipe bursting, we are able to run new pipes into areas that are not easily accessible. This includes under roadways and sidewalks. When bursting a pipe, we replace it with a brand new High-Density polyethylene pipe. This type of pipe is non-toxic, environmentally sustainable, and resistant to corrosion and chemicals.
There are many advantages to choosing this solution, such as:
- Less disturbance to traffic
- Faster replacement time
- Less interruption to businesses
- Less impact on the environment
- Reduced expenses for repaving
Call us today at (253) 285-1771 to learn more about how we can help you get the new sewer systems you need! Our Tacoma sewer repair team are ready to help you.
Often times before a burst can take place, we must first fuse several lengths of pipe together to get the correct length. Pipe fusion is a simple process that involves using a heating element to essentially melt, and press two lengths of pipe together. The joint connecting the high-density Polyethylene Pipe that is created with the pipe fuser is stronger than the actual pipe itself. Once the correct length of pipe is achieved, the bursting head can be attached to the end.
How pipe bursting works:
- Bursting Head: A bursting head is a semi-cone shaped tool (often times with fins) that is used to break through an existing pipe. One end of it is attached to the new pipe, while the smaller end of the cone is attached to a cable that is run through the launching access hole. The unique shape and size of the bursting head, along with the hammering motion it makes helps it break through the old pipe with ease.
- Pulling Cable: The pulling cable is what the bursting head is attached to. This cable must be strong enough to withstand being pulled through the old pipe by hydraulics.
- Hydraulic Power Pack and Burster: The hydraulic power pack is used to pull the cable, and consequently the bursting head. It is designed to pull the head in a hammering motion. This will break up the original pipe to make way for the new one.
Get your free estimate today by calling us at (253) 285-1771. Our Tacoma trenchless sewer repair experts have everything you need to help you!