Residential Water Heaters in Tacoma
Helping You Determine the Right Water Heater for Your Home
Water heaters are what provide you with hot water to do your dishes, take showers or anything else you may need. With all these different ways you use hot water on a daily basis, you know how important it is to have an efficient water heating system.
Whether you’re in need of water heater for a new bathroom or replacing an old, faulty unit, we suggest that you select energy efficient models to help you save money in the long run. At Harts Services, our Tacoma plumbers are considered as water heater experts in the area. When you enlist our service, we can assist you in selecting the right water heater unit that can cater all your specific needs including your budget. We have also worked on all the major brands and models of water heaters so you can be sure that the water heater that we’ll recommend is of top quality.
We Service Several Different Kinds of Water Heaters
As veteran technicians, we take pride in our ability to service any type of water heaters with ease. No matter which one you prefer for your home, our Tacoma plumbers are always available to help you install, maintain, or repair your water heater.
The residential water heater types we service include:
- Conventional storage water heaters- The most popular type of home water heating system. A single-family storage heater can hold anywhere from 20 to 80 gallons of hot water. The fuel source of these water heaters vary and can include natural gas, propane, fuel oil, or electricity.
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters- The newest form of water heater technology. These types of water heaters heat water instantly resulting in unlimited supply of hot water on demand. Depending on the size of your home, you can have several units for specific areas of use or just a central unit for the whole house.
- Heat pump water heaters- These types of water heaters use electricity to move heat from one place to another instead of heating directly. Somewhat like a refrigerator in reverse, heat pump water heaters pull heat from the air surrounding it and dump it at a higher temperature into the tank in order to heat water. Because heat pumps work this way, they primarily operate more efficiently in warm climates.
- Solar water heaters- Using solar energy from the sun to generate heat, hot water automatically rises into the tank. Just like your conventional water heater, solar water heaters have a storage tank that is mounted above a set of solar panels on the roof. During the colder season, you may need an automatic or electric backup to heat the water.
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters- These types of water heaters forego the usual storage, creating hot water on demand. Using the heating coil or heat exchanger installed in the main furnace or boiler, hot water is heated with just the turn of a faucet. These systems work best in colder climates or during the winter when heating systems are used regularly.
Whether you are looking to install a new water heater or need repairs, we can help you. If you are experiencing issues and wondering why your water heater keeps turning off, why the water is not hot, or if you've got an emergency with your water heater, get in touch with Harts Services as soon as possible! Proudly serving Tacoma and the nearby areas.
For more information about your water heater options, reach out to Harts Services at (253) 285-1771!