Pipe Relining Technicians in Tacoma
Turn to Our Tacoma Plumbers for Quality Service
Pipe re-lining is a trenchless method that uses cure in place pipe (CIPP) as a replacement for broken or damaged sewer lines. This form of pipe replacement is used whenever conditions are deemed unfavorable or unnecessary for open trench repair, boring, or bursting.
Pipe lining is a fairly new technology that has been around since the early 1970s. Since then it has completely and totally revolutionized the plumbing and sewer repair industry. Not only can lining a pipe save you money, but it can also save you the time and hassle that normally comes along with other methods of sewer repair.
Lining a pipe is fast, easy and extremely cost-effective in certain situations. Call our Tacoma plumbers at (253) 331-1206 to learn more about how this service can benefit you!
The Process of Pipe Relining
Our comprehensive pipe relining services include the following steps:
- Before anything is done to install the new liner, we must first scope and locate the problem areas in your sewer line. This is done through the use of our camera technology.
- A Rigid Seesnake camera is sent down into your lines, and monitored via a closed circuit television monitor. This allows us to see any root intrusions, pinholes, or anything else that might contribute to sub-par performance in your pipes.
- In addition to scoping the pipes, we must also clean them out before we can apply a new liner.
- Once we have located the source of the problem, we can decide whether a dig will be required or not. There are some circumstances where a hole is not required, especially if we have access to a manhole or other form of entrance.
- After everything is planned, and cleaned out, the process begins with a felt liner. This will eventually become your new pipe.
- This felt pipe is saturated with resin, and the resin is pushed through using an elevated roller to be evenly distributed throughout.
Once the felt is thoroughly saturated, it is wound up into a permaliner inversion tank and oiled to reduce any friction that might occur on its way through the old pipe. The tank is sealed and the liner is folded back and held in place in order to start the inversion. Air pressure is then increased, allowing the liner to invert into the old pipeline. Not only is the liner able to negotiate 90-degree bends, it is also able to conform to different sized pipes taking the form of the host pipe. The liner is then allowed to cure.
The new pipe can then be cured with ambient air, or even more efficiently with using either hot water, or UV light. This entire process makes for a brand new pipe that is:
- Resistant to corrosion
The Advantages of CIPP Technology
As our Tacoma plumbers mentioned before, pipe re-lining is a trenchless sewer repair technology. Naturally, this makes the largest benefit not having to dig a trench, thus keeping your yard intact. In some instances, digging may not even be required at all.
Another advantage of pipe re-lining over other methods of trenchless sewer repair, is that it works in some places where the others might not. For example, if a pipe is buried too deep in the ground, lining may be the only option for repair. This is especially common in the North West because sewer lines are typically deeper, and buried below the frost line.
All in all, pipe lining is cost-effective, low maintenance, easy solution to many problems, including deteriorating pipes, root intrusions, and cracks in piping.
To schedule your estimate to learn more about if pipe relining is good for your situation, call our Tacoma pipe relining technicians at (253) 331-1206 today!